Car accidents are highly-stressful life experiences. So before you take any action, get to a safe spot, take a deep breath and gather the following info:
- Driver information
- Personal - name and phone number
- Vehicle - driver’s license number, license plate number and make and model of the vehicle
- Insurance - company, policy number and phone number
- Pictures - assess the damage by taking pictures of all vehicles and objects involved in the accident, showing the full extent of the damage
- Police report - we recommend calling the police even if it’s just a fender bender
Gather as much of this information as you can. Then, file a claim on the mobile app, even if you may not be at fault. You can learn more about taking mindful actions in the event of a car accident in our blog, The Path.